Richard’s Total Backyard Solutions provides a “Hot Tub Maintenance” Packet during the delivery of your Hot Spring Spa. Below are some helpful tips from the packet. You may also download the full version of that packet: “Hot Tub Maintenance Packet”
STAY MAINTAINED DURING VACATION
IF YOU PLAN TO LEAVE FOR A FEW DAYS, KEEP YOUR SPA MAINTAINED WITH THESE TIPS:
- Adjust pH: Before you go, adjust the pH according to the Owner’s Manual.
- Sanitize: Sanitize the water with super chlorination or the new Hot Spring MPS Chlorine-Free Oxidizer according to instructions.
- Lock light and jets: Lock the light and jet features on the control panel.
- Lock cover: Lock down the cover to prevent access.
- When you return: Upon your return, balance the pH and sanitize the water prior to using.
Keep your spa water clean from algae, bacteria and other unwanted impurities by maintaining a safe amount of sanitizer. With too much sanitizer in your spa water, your lungs, skin and eyes may become irritated.
Note: Contact service if you would like for us to maintain your hot tub while you are out of town.
CLEANING YOUR SPA
Soak in your spa’s sparkling clean water by following these simple cleaning tips:
- For the whole spa: Use a mild non-abrasive, non-sudsing cleaner and a soft rag or nylon scrubber to remove dirt build-up.
- For minor surface cleaning: Use common baking soda to clean small surface areas.
- For a shiny look: Apply FreshWater Spa Shine to your clean and dry spa shell.
- For spa pillows: Follow the instructions in your Owner’s Manual to remove and clean your spa pillows.
- For vinyl cover: First spray the cover lightly with a garden hose to loosen any dirt or debris that might have built up. Then, using a mild soap solution (1 teaspoon dishwashing liquid with 2 gallons water) or baking soda, scrub the vinyl in a circular motion with a large sponge and rinse with a garden hose. Rinse the bottom of the cover without using soap, and wipe it clean with a dry rag. To condition the cover after cleaning, apply a thin film of Hot Spring Cover Shield™ product.
- Helpful Hint: To keep detergent and soap residue out of your spa water, shower without soap before soaking in your spa, and instead of washing your bathing suit use the rinse cycle.
WATER CARE WITH ACE
Maintaining spa water with the ACE system is very similar to traditional water care programs. Aside from a few additional steps at start up, the owner’s responsibilities are the same.
- Balance the water at start-up
- Test the water with a test strip regularly to keep water balanced (pH, alkalinity, and hardness should be within the OK range)
- Ensure there is chlorine present. With the ACE system 1-3 ppm is enough. If the level reads lower, the customer should take steps to increase it (adjust the Output Level, add granular dichlor, or Boost)
For more information, or to schedule service, please fill out the service request form, or send an e-mail request to email@example.com