Do you enjoy being hands-on with a project from start to finish and seeing customer’s dreams come true in their backyard?
Richard’s Total Backyard Solutions has been in the swimming pool, hot tub and outdoor living industry since 1987. We design and build custom pools and outdoor living spaces. We are currently hiring for a knowledgeable, highly skilled and organized construction superintendent to join our construction department! Opportunity to grow!
- Oversee and supervise all subcontractors from start to finish on assigned jobs evaluating ongoing activity to ensure smooth construction as per the approved job plans.
- Excellent in communicating with customers through video message, text message, and email to maintain a strong and excellent relationship with the customer
- Provides thorough communication daily regarding construction and scheduling with the Operations Manager, Project Coordinator, and the Subcontractors ensuring the schedule is maintained on a timely basis (weather permitting).
- Layout all pools according to construction plan and obtain signed layout approvals from the customer at the dig and deck phases.
- Collect all monies due on time for each phase according to RTBS policies and procedures while maintaining satisfactory customer relations during ongoing jobs.
- Assess the need and compose any change orders necessary to complete the job with customer astonishment collecting 100% of any additional money due at the time the change order is signed and report all changes to the Project Coordinator.
- Assist the Sales department with any construction questions, therefore, aiding with the design process as needed.
- Attendance at all Construction and Company meetings as required.
- CPO and/or CPB highly preferred!
- Education: High school diploma + some specialized job skill &/or 2 years of college or specialized training in the construction industry.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and utilize the mathematical skills required during the construction process including understanding construction plans and blueprints.
- Experience: Previous pool/spa construction and service/tech related experience and training are REQUESTED.
- Ability to recognize and follow priorities and recommend viable options in correcting errors paying close attention to detail related to construction management.
- The ability to effectively and professionally communicate with the general public and vendors in English. (Some knowledge in Spanish is also preferred but not necessary)
- Physically able to lift a minimum of 100 pounds.